Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Carnelian and Turquoise Necklace


WOW! Are we excited, we were notified that we had sold our first piece of jewelry out of our Etsy store and we were so excited.

We are in our fourth year of this venture and have sold a LOT of jewelry,but this really thrills us. When we decided to try going online after so much urging from our customers, we really didn't know how it might go. You see, we do in home shows kind of like Tupperware and special events and had thought about this for some time. With our son's and Connie's help, we dove in.

WE love a challenge and do custom work, if it is doable. You might all enjoy this little story. A few years ago, I was waiting at Walmart for my husband who was at the cattle sale in North Platte. I struck up a conversation with a little lady who was also waiting for someone and she admired the necklace I had on and asked where I had gotten it. I preceded to tell her about our jewelry and she asked if we did custom work. Of course I told her yes, IF it could be done. WELL, a few days ago she called me and said she had some stones and would like earrings and a pendant made out of them. Yesterday, I received them in the mail and that is just what they are, stones. They are pretty, but no way can they be set on silver. I will have to return them and I'm sure she will be dissappointed, but that is better than cobbling something up than she wouldn't wear.

Well, the sun is out here today after 5 days of snowing off and on and accumlating 11-12" of snow. We will all be ready for spring.
Thanks again, Connie and Thank-You Kathy for our 1st Etsy Sale!
Sonja

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your jewelry is exquisite. I would like to read your blog, but the blue print on the dark brown just does not work. The only way it is readable is if I highlight it.

Altered Route said...

I see you Loud
and Clear!!
Congrats on you first Etsy Sale! That is a beautiful Necklace and I am sure she will be pleased when she gets to see it up close and personal!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Love your jewelry (I have enough of it!) Really like the lime turqoise heart necklace I have gotten last.. Good luck in the Classic and see you when you get home. God Bless Mar

Turquoise Jewelry said...

This is a beautiful Carnelian and Turquoise bead necklace with large Sterling Silver end caps. Carnelian and Turquoise, I love this combination it reminds me of a gorgeous sunrise. This is truly a one of a kind.

Gold Jewelry Manufacturers said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I appreciated your insights about the topic. Quite helpful for what I am interested in these days.

Unknown said...

Are you game to try out interesting clothes and jewelries from different countries? Well then, get ready to experiment your looks with colorful necklace Traditional Jewelry items from Indianbeautifulart. The traditional jewelry is ethnic, lavish and mesmerizing. Just like you.